Monday, April 13, 2009

Maple Butter and Maple Syrup






Wow! Easter Breakfast at the Deb's Cabin looks pretty good to me!









From Debby:

Usually I make homemade cinnamon rolls for Easter breakfast, but this year I wanted something new. My son loves French Toast and I came across these two recipes that made the French Toast even better.

The syrup is something you can make with ingredients in your cupboard and to me it tastes even better (not as good a REAL maple syrup but better than the store brands)

Maple Syrup

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup clear corn syrup
1/2 to 1 tsp. maple extract

In a saucepan bring to boil sugars and corn syrup simmer 5 minutes remove from heat add maple extract. Store in a bottle - if you want thinner syrup - omit the corn syrup.

Maple Butter

1 cube butter - softened
4 oz. cream cheese - softened
1 cup powder sugar
1 tsp. maple extract

Put all ingredients in a bowl - mix with hand mixer or in food processor. Blend well - place in a serving bowl. Use on french toast, pancakes, waffles, etc. Stores well in refrigerator for several weeks.

This is a keeper in our family - we like breakfast for dinner and I will keep these in my fridge!

*************************************************************

Thanks Deb for these great recipes. There have been times that I have run out of pancake syrup while at the cabin so I'm going to get some maple extract and keep it on hand. Also, I love all types of "butters" but I've never tried maple. It's on my list of things to try for this week.

I welcome ideas and recipes from those of you out there who may be following this blog. To me, new recipes and ideas are treasures. Just E-Mail me at debcm7@gmail.com You don't need to have a picture to submit a recipe or cooking idea.

No comments: