Monday, March 2, 2009

Sweet Dinner Rolls


Easy, sweet, and delightful!

I was out of Terrels frozen rolls for Sunday dinner so I thought I'd give Deb's recipe a try. They were really fast and easy. I mixed everything up about 20 minutes before I left for church. When I got home, I rolled them out into 2 1/2 dozen clover leaf rolls. They only need to raise about half an hour and then they are ready to bake. For me, this is a "keeper" recipe.

1/2 cup warm water
3 1/2 tsp. active yeast
1 Tbs. sugar
Dissolve yeast and sugar in the warm water - stir until well mixed- set aside
2 cups hot milk
1 stick melted butter or margarine
1/2 cup & 1 Tbs. sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. salt

Mix well then add 6 cups of flour. Mix together to help cool down the milk. Then add the yeast mixture. Dough will be sticky -cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place for about an hour. Punch down dough (you may add up to 1 more cup of flour until the dough is no longer sticky) Form dough into any kind of rolls you would like. Place in greased pans, cover and let rise another 1/2 to 1 hour.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes (depends on your oven and how many pans of rolls you made.)


Contributor: Debby

No comments: