Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Dad's 6 Minute Cake



HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD!

THANKS FOR THE FUN RECIPE!






I inherited my love of experimental cooking or as my Mom calls it,"Frizzle Cooking", from my Dad. When he retired, he kind of took over the kitchen and has perfected whole wheat cooking, especially his bread. I told Dad that I had a little microwave recipe for a chocolate cake that I just wasn't quite happy with and Dad took on the challenge and this little recipe is the result. It is good, easy, and inexpensive to make. Ty it, it's fun!

1/4 cup honey

1/2 cup whole wheat four ( I tried white flour and it turned out fine)

2 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder

1/3 cup sugar

2 eggs

1/4 cup milk

1/4 cup oil

dash of salt

Mix everything together with a mixer and then add:

1/2 tsp. vanilla

1/2 tsp. baking powder

Mix well and then pour in a 8 x 8 inch glass pan that has been greased with solid shortening and then dusted with flour.

Sprinkle 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts and 1/2 cup chocolate chips over the top and put in the microwave for 6 minutes on Hi power. This is best eaten hot out of the microwave. I like to add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.







This was the cake I made and it really turned out quite well. The nuts stayed on top but the chocolate chips sink to the bottom.

I love you Dad! Thanks for the bounty of good memories you have made for me. No girl could have had a better Dad!



Happy Father's Day to all of our wonderful Dads!

- Debbie -

No comments: