Monday, June 15, 2009

Crockpot Beef Sandwiches



My son just got married in April and this Mother's Day my new little Daughter-in-Law gave me a very special gift. Being newly weds, they are on a very limited budget so she hand wrote 25 recipe cards of her families favorite recipes. For me, this was the highest form of recipe sharing and I will treasure these 25 recipes forever. Thanks Amy!

1 3 to 5 lb. rump roast
2 cans beef broth
1 pkg. Italian Dressing Mix
1 pkg. Au Jus Sauce Mix

Brown meat on all sides in a small amount of oil. Put in a crock pot and add broth, dry Italian dressing mix, and Au Jus sauce mix. Cook on high for 8 to 10 hours. You may serve on hard rolls and it is also good to add grated cheese and broil until melted.

A few years ago, I bought a cookie sucker mold but I had never used it. I thought it would be fun to pat some dilly bread dough in them and make buns. It worked very well and we enjoyed our sandwiches on this delicious bread. The recipe for the bread was on my last post, June 11, 2009.
I liked how all of the buns were pretty uniform in size. You should be able to get the mold at any major craft store that carries Wilton products.






This is a great recipe for your family picnics that will be coming up.

Happy Summer!


Debbie

2 comments:

Amy said...

Debbie,
This sounds wonderful! I hope you are enjoying your summer and I had to comment on your beautiful flower collection! I love checking your blog to see what is new.
Take care,
Amy

- Debbie - said...

Thanks Amy, taking pictures of flowers is a whole lot more fun than adding up E,G,A,T,Z,B, and F's. Right! Sleep until 10:00 this summer. You earned it!