Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunshine Chicken



A Tangy Marinated Chicken That Is
Perfect For Your Summer Barbecue!





Sunshine, glorious sunshine! I've enjoyed the sun on my face and the feeling of heat in my bones. There is nothing quite like the warmth of a spring sun that wakes up the world to get a move on and start growing. So, in honor of the sun, I share one of my favorite grilling or broiling recipes for "Sunshine Chicken". This is moist and lemon tangy with just a little zip of red pepper. It is good hot and also cold on a crisp green salad. Really, try this one as it is one of my favorites!

1/2 cup lemon juice (only fresh lemon juice will do)
1/2 cup orange juice (also use only fresh orange juice)
2 Tbsp. chicken granules
1 Tbsp. minced garlic or 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
2 lbs. chicken breasts (I use skinless)

Put all of the ingredients in a zip lock bag or a shallow covered baking dish and marinate for 2 to 3 hours. Occasionally turn chicken over. Don't marinate overnight because I think it gets a little too tangy. 2 to 3 hours is about right.


Grill on the barbecue or I sometimes broil on low in my oven.

You can baste with the marinate but discard any that is left after you finish.


Have a Sunshine Day!

-Debbie-

No comments: